Finally (after months and months of work) I have completed a playable demo for The Ethereal Plains! I have tested and tuned it to a point where I feel confident releasing a demo.
The Ethereal Plains Demo – v1.03
Or if you have the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP already installed, you can download:
I welcome any and all feedback for this, so please don’t hesitate to:
In addition, you can find the official thread for the project on the official RPG Maker forums.
Patch Notes (May 28th, 2013), version 1.03:
- Made several performance optimizations in areas that previously slowed-down.
- Per some suggestions received, added some guidance for some of the more “cryptic” parts of the game. Notable in the sewers and Ocean View.
- Reduced the volume of the sound effects in the training scene.
Patch Notes (May 26th, 2013), version 1.02:
- Resolved an issue with the game crashing due to a missing music file (referenced in a script).
- Resolved an issue where the player could get stuck in a NPC while moving.
- Resolved some (mapping) passability issues.
- Resolved an issue where it would always highlight the first character while selecting a target for spells that can only affect the caster.
- Resolved an issue with getting stuck on the edge of the screen while riding the logs in Verona Crossing.
- Resolved a switch conflict resulting in the command codes being automatically entered in the Mines.
- Added an ability to Alaric.
Big thanks to Rev (Greg Owens) for reporting a handful of bugs and issues.